Skip to main content

Where do Babies Come From? How we Learn about Sex...Book Just Launched on Amazon Kindle

                                                                     Click to buy the book




'My spoken material is about the facts of life,'  I was explaining to the Mother Superior.  'I've been asking people what they were told, how they were told it and did they ask questions. Terribly funny...'



  
During my Where do Babies Come From? talk at the Metrodeco Café, Brighton, a superfluity of nuns stopped at the window to listen.  In the street later that week one of them glided up and said how much they had enjoyed hearing me sing.  'And we wonder, might you please sing something for our charity evening?'

I said, of course, sister.  

The nun nodded.  'That's very good to hear.  But just to correct you: not sister - but Mother Superior.'

She then asked about the spoken material in the show, in case some might be included on the night?

I explained that I had been reading from my forthcoming book.  While on tour I had asked people how they had been told the facts of life.  

'Really funny and weird,' I said.  'And very likely not too rude for...' 

'OK, that will do,' said the Mother Superior, her sleeve magically staying put as she held up her hand to prevent my going on.  'Just the singing, I think.'  

Her face said praying for me wouldn't do any good at all, as she added, 'And about you going around and prying in that way.  I will just advise you:  God does not want us to overreach ourselves.'  


The book of interviews is now available, please follow the link below to find out more: 

                                             Click through to Where do Babies Come From?





#sex#humanreproduction#humanbiology#thebirdsandbees#thefactsoflife#sexeducation#sexed#religion#marriage#battleofthesexes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mate Jamie-Ray Hartshorne

     I've been noticing that alongside photos of Jamie-Ray being a lead in Altar Boys , creating Change My Body UK TM , working the door at Freedom - and clearly asking people passing by wherever that rockpool may be to snap a double-bicep - this sort of thing is cropping up on his social media:   We're in The Diner, Jamestown Road, Camden.  He's between tour dates of  The Bodyguard,  and meetings to discuss sportswear and creatine endorsements.  The latter, he says, being all about making his product better.   Between sips of his peanut butter milkshake (he's allowing himself dairy today in my honour - I don't quite know how to take that) he says in his soft Brum, 'I've signed up for a major Muay Thai event in Thailand next February.  I'm going up against one of the Thai fighters.  That's the only real way to gain any respect in the fighting world.  That's why you've been noticing the combat photos.  I...

Psychic Readings

  As it's Summer Solstice, let's revisit my mother's lodge for a seance.  We know from a previous blog entry that lodge members are asked only to heal, and to have no truck with past lives and spirit guides.  See:   Previous blog featuring the lodge...   On the QT they have seances, at which the medium tunes in to great mysteries of the past.  Here are some of the readings.  I've taken out anything that explicitly reveals the subject of the reading.  Then we can play at guessing what it might be...      'There's something to do with a pile of tied up newspapers.  Was there an evening paper delivery?  They need to talk to the paper boy from back then as he saw something relevant but didn't understand at the time what it was he was seeing. There's also something to do with the plants by the front door.  The leaves of one of them were too dark to have been real.  Put there on purpose to deflect attention from ...

More Stuff I've Overheard

'Famous actors don't need to dress like famous actors. Apart from Simon Callow always seems to.' 'She smells like she hasn't actually had that winter coat out as much as needed.' 'Christopher, you can't possibly know that Sea Salt won't have a man's fragrance.' 'None of us on the till thought it was possible to override the take away drinks machine and do an oat milk hot chocolate. But Little Mary went on a mission. Sally and Big Mary were looking on, to see how Little Mary managed it. I stayed out of the way - didn't want any part, sorry. Took ever so long. Janice buttered at least three crusty rolls in the meantime.  'When she handed the drink over Little Mary asked the customer if it was okay - it being a bit of a freak beverage - and he said it wasn't as hot as it could be, but that meant it wouldn't over-melt the marshmallow on his Easter Bunny biscuit, would it?  'Mary said, "All's well that ends well, t...