Skip to main content

Move Back to Brighton 15

Chat GPT doesn't seem to know the rents in Aldeburgh and Leiston are now exorbitant because of the towns' proximity to the Sizewell C works. Otherwise it's dead right to tell me I've created the wonderful Madame Galina Ballet Star Galactica and shouldn't put up with having been trapped living in a space that looks like a room in an abandoned care home by that most lazy and arrogant burlesquer, Flixy Trixy. 

I may have fed Chat GPT that last bit of information. 


Flixy made ratatouille. It stank the flat out. I went down for some hot chocolate and switched the extractor fan on for her. The disgusting student cooking stench got worse. I went out and read my book in the park. On the way, I of course noticed she had switched the extractor fan back off. Did she really think I was using it while I heated milk in a saucepan? Or was she being a moron? 

When I came back, the stink was even worse - a fug of brown onions, garlic, tomatoes and nigella seeds. 

I asked Flixy to please use the extractor fan. 

She said, 'Oh, but I'm not cooking any more.'

'You were before. It's why I put the extractor fan on and why I just went out for half an hour - to try and let the smell clear.'

'I haven't put anything spicey in it.' 

'It's still a steam cloud of strong cooking smells in my room. 

'What can you smell exactly?'

'Garlic, tomato, nigella seeds....cuntiness.' 

I stopped speaking aloud after 'nigella seeds'. 

'Anyway, I went to my osteopath and he said...'


She will repeat what her osteopath said both further times I pass her that same evening. 

And both times, not to engage, I said, 'Well done, everybody.' 

She also said, 'When I was at Jonno's I had a bath for my hip in the hottest water I could bear and put the shower head on the spot with the water on freezing, alternating. Jonno's hot water is very hot...'

And his cold is, no doubt, very cold. Except I didn't hear either way as I'd interrupted with, 'Well done, everybody' and walked away.


Now I just need to pluck up the courage to follow Chat GPT's instructions and get myself to an interim AirBnB. 'Somewhere clean where you can breathe and be.'

Rather than wheeze and freeze. 


If you tell Chat GPT you hate your life, it worries it. 


#chatgpt #ai #brighton #lgbtqia #diary #memoir #autobiography #biography #diaries 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mate Jamie-Ray Hartshorne

     I've been noticing that alongside photos of Jamie-Ray being a lead in Altar Boys , creating Change My Body UK TM , working the door at Freedom - and clearly asking people passing by wherever that rockpool may be to snap a double-bicep - this sort of thing is cropping up on his social media:   We're in The Diner, Jamestown Road, Camden.  He's between tour dates of  The Bodyguard,  and meetings to discuss sportswear and creatine endorsements.  The latter, he says, being all about making his product better.   Between sips of his peanut butter milkshake (he's allowing himself dairy today in my honour - I don't quite know how to take that) he says in his soft Brum, 'I've signed up for a major Muay Thai event in Thailand next February.  I'm going up against one of the Thai fighters.  That's the only real way to gain any respect in the fighting world.  That's why you've been noticing the combat photos.  I...

Psychic Readings

  As it's Summer Solstice, let's revisit my mother's lodge for a seance.  We know from a previous blog entry that lodge members are asked only to heal, and to have no truck with past lives and spirit guides.  See:   Previous blog featuring the lodge...   On the QT they have seances, at which the medium tunes in to great mysteries of the past.  Here are some of the readings.  I've taken out anything that explicitly reveals the subject of the reading.  Then we can play at guessing what it might be...      'There's something to do with a pile of tied up newspapers.  Was there an evening paper delivery?  They need to talk to the paper boy from back then as he saw something relevant but didn't understand at the time what it was he was seeing. There's also something to do with the plants by the front door.  The leaves of one of them were too dark to have been real.  Put there on purpose to deflect attention from ...

More Stuff I've Overheard

'Famous actors don't need to dress like famous actors. Apart from Simon Callow always seems to.' 'She smells like she hasn't actually had that winter coat out as much as needed.' 'Christopher, you can't possibly know that Sea Salt won't have a man's fragrance.' 'None of us on the till thought it was possible to override the take away drinks machine and do an oat milk hot chocolate. But Little Mary went on a mission. Sally and Big Mary were looking on, to see how Little Mary managed it. I stayed out of the way - didn't want any part, sorry. Took ever so long. Janice buttered at least three crusty rolls in the meantime.  'When she handed the drink over Little Mary asked the customer if it was okay - it being a bit of a freak beverage - and he said it wasn't as hot as it could be, but that meant it wouldn't over-melt the marshmallow on his Easter Bunny biscuit, would it?  'Mary said, "All's well that ends well, t...