Skip to main content

Holiday Bucket List Suggestion

  Holidays, you'll agree, can be fraught with families. I can hear your teeth gnashing, some of you.  I've written on this before. See:  I'll Be Lone for Christmas...You can Envy Me!

  Now...here's a holiday bucket list idea for some me-time. 




  I don't have those gardening tips, ideas for stately homes to visit, how to D.I.Y., how to master whatever high quality backlinks may be, cheap deals on seaside getaways, recipe ideas, last minute city breaks, deals on the Eurostar, cheap theatre tickets, last minute hotels...

  Bottom line?
  I have this:

                                         Audiobook: My Tutu Went AWOL

  


  Produced by Oliver Nelken at Mornington Media.  Self-narrated, including opera as sung privately for Her Majesty, ad libs, extra material and bloopers. By which I mean that Oliver left the microphone live when I was seriously buggering stuff up - accents, recreating the sound of Velcro ripping on my body armour skirt, confusing Tristars with Tridents.
  Ideal for hammock dangling, driving, leg day, back day, arm day, throw back Thursday, Monday Motivation and the Friday feeling aka TGIF.
  Go on, give My Tutu Went AWOL a try. It's free if you trial Audible.com. Yes, I know, those trials.  Once the free period has expired, you're automatically signed up for endless copies of Butterfly Monthly, eternal damnation or HD no-advert porn. 

  Solution?
  Just get Alexa or your equivalent to remind you to cancel.

  
  I can't emphasise the following enough...

  It's the one tip I do have.  Don't invade a My Tutu Went AWOL book show at the Brighton Festival, thanks, lads. 
  Or this may happen to one of you.  Loss of shirt, tracksuit bottoms and dignity.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mate Jamie-Ray Hartshorne

     I've been noticing that alongside photos of Jamie-Ray being a lead in Altar Boys , creating Change My Body UK TM , working the door at Freedom - and clearly asking people passing by wherever that rockpool may be to snap a double-bicep - this sort of thing is cropping up on his social media:   We're in The Diner, Jamestown Road, Camden.  He's between tour dates of  The Bodyguard,  and meetings to discuss sportswear and creatine endorsements.  The latter, he says, being all about making his product better.   Between sips of his peanut butter milkshake (he's allowing himself dairy today in my honour - I don't quite know how to take that) he says in his soft Brum, 'I've signed up for a major Muay Thai event in Thailand next February.  I'm going up against one of the Thai fighters.  That's the only real way to gain any respect in the fighting world.  That's why you've been noticing the combat photos.  I...

Psychic Readings

  As it's Summer Solstice, let's revisit my mother's lodge for a seance.  We know from a previous blog entry that lodge members are asked only to heal, and to have no truck with past lives and spirit guides.  See:   Previous blog featuring the lodge...   On the QT they have seances, at which the medium tunes in to great mysteries of the past.  Here are some of the readings.  I've taken out anything that explicitly reveals the subject of the reading.  Then we can play at guessing what it might be...      'There's something to do with a pile of tied up newspapers.  Was there an evening paper delivery?  They need to talk to the paper boy from back then as he saw something relevant but didn't understand at the time what it was he was seeing. There's also something to do with the plants by the front door.  The leaves of one of them were too dark to have been real.  Put there on purpose to deflect attention from ...

More Stuff I've Overheard

'Famous actors don't need to dress like famous actors. Apart from Simon Callow always seems to.' 'She smells like she hasn't actually had that winter coat out as much as needed.' 'Christopher, you can't possibly know that Sea Salt won't have a man's fragrance.' 'None of us on the till thought it was possible to override the take away drinks machine and do an oat milk hot chocolate. But Little Mary went on a mission. Sally and Big Mary were looking on, to see how Little Mary managed it. I stayed out of the way - didn't want any part, sorry. Took ever so long. Janice buttered at least three crusty rolls in the meantime.  'When she handed the drink over Little Mary asked the customer if it was okay - it being a bit of a freak beverage - and he said it wasn't as hot as it could be, but that meant it wouldn't over-melt the marshmallow on his Easter Bunny biscuit, would it?  'Mary said, "All's well that ends well, t...