Skip to main content

Move Back to Brighton 4

 Bump into Ad. He has long hair these days and mutton chops. He looks beautiful. He's still juggling with cigar boxes but his teaching of Pilates hasn't gone well so far. He felt he wasn't ready even to cover classes but was then disappointed to have only two pupils in them. When he tried Pay What You Can nobody at all came. He's still in the housing cooperative, which he really shouldn't be - paying very little for a four bedroom place on his own. His children moved out more than a decade ago. Jane has moved in. Flixy's Marty lives in the same cooperative. There is so much crap hoarded under his bed its legs dangle above the carpet. He shares with someone Flixy insists is 'strange'. Marty's strange, Flixy. Ad told me about some of the Wunderlich acts from the last couple of years, involving masturbation with Henry hoovers. I say, 'This is just what spit and sawdust variety should be!' not sure that I believe myself. 

I hear someone next door in the early hours throwing up. Like a basso profondo version of a cat expelling a fur ball. I won't mention this to Flixy. She'd start on the inevitable tales of when she was the Matron General of the field hospital during the Crimean War and nursed all those patients with diarrhoea and vomiting. 



#diary #memoir #lgbtqia #gay #funny #humour #brighton #brightonandhove 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Featuring in The Sunday Times, Nicely...

  This happened. The editor thinks it's a book of dog sitter stories waiting to happen. I am scribbling away at same...  I first house-sat by accident. I was originally at Haven House, Lembton, as a live-in safety net for Lady Olive Simmonds, a seventy-nine year-old Bostonian with a lilac afro, a Temazepam habit and leg ulcers. Haven House was by the sea. Eighteenth century, elegant, comfortable.  But there was Olive... Always in pain; either drunk, hungover or both; barely educated. She had married a man who was knighted, and believed this gave her a licence to be a twat. According to Olive, her fellow Lembtonians were all dull academics - this group having reading ages older than hers, which was thirteen - or failed schizophrenics. She had serious monophobia, with staff working (unnecessarily) every day apart from weekends. At weekends, first thing, anxious, she would ring round the Lembtonians that were still speaking to her - six in number - inviting them for coffee, ...

In The Times again...

   

The Marine Says I Must Re-queer...

                                                                 Being camp in Camp Basra... Stacks, ex-Royal Marines Commando, recently watched my Tutu Went AWOL! show on Zoom. He had notes. I was shifting from foot to foot, he said, and gesturing too much. 'And you must put back the stuff about the Brigadier and your fellow comedian being homophobic...' The Brigadier had been sneering about my act, saying it would be more suited to Butlins. But, more importantly, he believed I was an 'inappropriate influence on 42 Commando'.  Stacks, deadpan, commented, 'Sir, before Iestyn started hanging out with us, sir, it had never occurred to him to play Tiddlywinks with anything other than his thumb, sir.'  My fellow comedian, who I'll call Mark, because that's his name, asked Reg, Garrison Sergeant Major, in front of ...