Skip to main content

How (not) to Visualise




My Royal Marine mate, Stacks, once told me when he fires on anything, he visualises a bull's eye. 

'Then I do what I'm trained to do, and take the shot. And the aftermath is in the elsewhere.' 


I try always to visualise along the same lines. 

But I can get distracted. 


I've got an ear infection, and took myself off to the NHS walk-in centre for seven this morning.

On the way there, to be fair to me, I did affirm, 'I Am That I Am ear-ily perfect. I Am That I Am in perfect health. I Am That I Am...'

So far, so good. 

But then I began to consider the elsewhere. And thought I must include in my elsewhere-centric visualisation the (forthcoming?) receptionist at the walk in centre. 


I based her on Lara, a receptionist I once encountered at a Golders Green dentist. 


Here was Lara in real life:

‘You’re very beforehand.’ 

She was looking sternly at me. She was in Mao black. All her features were sharp. Even her lips. Next to her was another receptionist, Bettina; in white, and (easily) softer looking. 

‘Very beforehand.' Lara insisted. 'So early - are you called Joshua?’

Was being very beforehand and so early peculiar to Joshuas, I wondered?

'No, I'm Iestyn Edwards.'

Lara snorted. ‘Well, anyway, for these very many ten minutes to wait, there are places for whoever you might be after all to sit there.

'Stop here after all! First, I need your wrist for my temperature-taker. It may beep. It should not alarm you. If it does, Bettina might say something. 

'Wrist…

'Forward…

'Wrist…

'Not fingers…

'Not palm...

'Wrist. Thank you. 

'So low, your temperature. Impossible in this weather. We take again…

'Low…no, not because you are dead. I have heard better morbid humour. Low because you have your wrist directly under the air-conditioning. Look, I do temperature-taking on Bettina's head.' The machine beeped as she did so. Lara signed at Bettina to keep quiet. 'See, she is normal.’ 

Bettina was looking ambivalent. I suspected she was inured to Lara's chilly whimsy. 

Lara said to me, ‘You must within these many ten minutes return to me again your wrist.’

Or, I suggested, I could stand somewhere other than directly beneath the air-conditioner. 'And perhaps you could get up off that exercise ball and - '

‘This is for ergonomic ease of my back. I cannot get off it slipped-shoes and not expect to have lash-back.’

'You never get off it? Is it like a new millennial space hopper?'

‘Patient you, this is completely the Finchley Road.’


Today, in her (forthcoming) incarnation as the NHS walk in centre nurse practitioner, Lara said,

'I will first look in your good ear, though possibly do not extract positivity from that I say this. Ah. There is wax. Ha! No, no concern, Joshua.' I didn't bother correcting her. 'We just say this about the wax - ask Bettina. There is always wax in an ear. Really, it would be like I opened up your vein and said, "Oh, there is blood." Or an artery. "Oh, there is thrombotic clogging".

'Now, your bad ear. Yes - I mean that fully negatively. Fully. Goodness, just when we might have forgotten that Asian cockroaches are super-sociable...

'I advise you to tonight coax them out of their floaty-float games in your ear canal, and into a booby-trap bowl by your pillow. Bait trap with boiled down sugar, bi-carbonate of soda, mild green Fairy Liquid and Gideon's Bibles. The cockroaches will be attracted, long to swim, implunge [sic] and die.'



Actually, this morning, a lovely nurse, Annie, gave me a prescription for anti-biotic spray. 

It can be for our own benefit when (for whatever reason) the universe ignores our visualisations. 

But let's not expect the universe to do this.

No. Let's stick with what the Marine said about intention. Whatever we're manifesting, let's visualise that bull's eye. 



#visualisation#manifesting#manifestation#visualising#dreams#intentions#goals#imagination#howtovisualise#howtomanifest






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Mate Jamie-Ray Hartshorne

     I've been noticing that alongside photos of Jamie-Ray being a lead in Altar Boys , creating Change My Body UK TM , working the door at Freedom - and clearly asking people passing by wherever that rockpool may be to snap a double-bicep - this sort of thing is cropping up on his social media:   We're in The Diner, Jamestown Road, Camden.  He's between tour dates of  The Bodyguard,  and meetings to discuss sportswear and creatine endorsements.  The latter, he says, being all about making his product better.   Between sips of his peanut butter milkshake (he's allowing himself dairy today in my honour - I don't quite know how to take that) he says in his soft Brum, 'I've signed up for a major Muay Thai event in Thailand next February.  I'm going up against one of the Thai fighters.  That's the only real way to gain any respect in the fighting world.  That's why you've been noticing the combat photos.  I...

Psychic Readings

  As it's Summer Solstice, let's revisit my mother's lodge for a seance.  We know from a previous blog entry that lodge members are asked only to heal, and to have no truck with past lives and spirit guides.  See:   Previous blog featuring the lodge...   On the QT they have seances, at which the medium tunes in to great mysteries of the past.  Here are some of the readings.  I've taken out anything that explicitly reveals the subject of the reading.  Then we can play at guessing what it might be...      'There's something to do with a pile of tied up newspapers.  Was there an evening paper delivery?  They need to talk to the paper boy from back then as he saw something relevant but didn't understand at the time what it was he was seeing. There's also something to do with the plants by the front door.  The leaves of one of them were too dark to have been real.  Put there on purpose to deflect attention from ...

More Stuff I've Overheard

'Famous actors don't need to dress like famous actors. Apart from Simon Callow always seems to.' 'She smells like she hasn't actually had that winter coat out as much as needed.' 'Christopher, you can't possibly know that Sea Salt won't have a man's fragrance.' 'None of us on the till thought it was possible to override the take away drinks machine and do an oat milk hot chocolate. But Little Mary went on a mission. Sally and Big Mary were looking on, to see how Little Mary managed it. I stayed out of the way - didn't want any part, sorry. Took ever so long. Janice buttered at least three crusty rolls in the meantime.  'When she handed the drink over Little Mary asked the customer if it was okay - it being a bit of a freak beverage - and he said it wasn't as hot as it could be, but that meant it wouldn't over-melt the marshmallow on his Easter Bunny biscuit, would it?  'Mary said, "All's well that ends well, t...