Skip to main content

Move back to Brighton 11

Flixy is showing off to the very cute PAT man. She pokes her head through the kitchen serving hatch. 'What are you doing, please?'

I tell her I'm clearing away some of the overspill recycling.

She withdraws. 

As I'm putting my shoes on, she looms and very loudly, obviously for PAT man to hear, says 'Did I tell you my brilliant plan? You know the sequinned dress I never wear?' How possibly? 'The one I've done some photo shoots in?' Again, how possibly? 'I'm going to take it to Eastbourne on Thursday and get Ivy to model it, telling her it's going on Ebay; and my plan is she'll fall so in love with it, she'll pay me loads and loads of money for it herself.'

I can just imagine the PAT man's report. Kitchen a filthy disgrace. Renters are twats.

And talk of the Post Offian lack of proper communication between different departments - will he tell the letting agents, who should in turn tell the landlord, Flixy is doing the opposite of upkeep on the place? 


#memoir #diary #diaries #renting #brighton #autobiography #lgbtqia #narcissist #narcissism 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me Featuring in The Sunday Times, Nicely...

  This happened. The editor thinks it's a book of dog sitter stories waiting to happen. I am scribbling away at same...  I first house-sat by accident. I was originally at Haven House, Lembton, as a live-in safety net for Lady Olive Simmonds, a seventy-nine year-old Bostonian with a lilac afro, a Temazepam habit and leg ulcers. Haven House was by the sea. Eighteenth century, elegant, comfortable.  But there was Olive... Always in pain; either drunk, hungover or both; barely educated. She had married a man who was knighted, and believed this gave her a licence to be a twat. According to Olive, her fellow Lembtonians were all dull academics - this group having reading ages older than hers, which was thirteen - or failed schizophrenics. She had serious monophobia, with staff working (unnecessarily) every day apart from weekends. At weekends, first thing, anxious, she would ring round the Lembtonians that were still speaking to her - six in number - inviting them for coffee, ...

The Marine Says I Must Re-queer...

                                                                 Being camp in Camp Basra... Stacks, ex-Royal Marines Commando, recently watched my Tutu Went AWOL! show on Zoom. He had notes. I was shifting from foot to foot, he said, and gesturing too much. 'And you must put back the stuff about the Brigadier and your fellow comedian being homophobic...' The Brigadier had been sneering about my act, saying it would be more suited to Butlins. But, more importantly, he believed I was an 'inappropriate influence on 42 Commando'.  Stacks, deadpan, commented, 'Sir, before Iestyn started hanging out with us, sir, it had never occurred to him to play Tiddlywinks with anything other than his thumb, sir.'  My fellow comedian, who I'll call Mark, because that's his name, asked Reg, Garrison Sergeant Major, in front of ...

In The Times again...